- This is a Government of Singapore digital service. Thank you for examining our privacy statement.
- We may use "cookies", where a small data file is sent to your browser to store and track information about you when you enter our websites. The cookie is used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their preferred sites. While this cookie can tell us when you enter our sites and which pages you visit, it cannot read data off your hard disk.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
4. If you provide us with personally identifiable data
- 4.1. We may share necessary data with other Government agencies, so as to serve you in the most efficient and effective way unless such sharing is prohibited by law.
- 4.2. We will NOT share your personal data with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific Government services.
- 4.3. For your convenience, we may also display to you data you had previously supplied us or other Government Agencies. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be out-of-date, please supply us the latest data.
5. To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured with appropriate security technologies.
6. This site may contain links to non-Government digital service whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
7. Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA). During the Singapore International Water Week (SIWW), photography, sound recording, videotaping and filming may be conducted in the event premises. By entering the event premises, all attendees consent to the use of your photograph, voice, likeness, and image in any broadcasts of this event and in subsequent productions drawn from video or audio recordings of this event.
The photographs and recordings may be published or broadcasted in public publications and in publicity materials, including the Organiser’s websites and social media. All recordings, articles, quotes, photographs, films, audio or video and/or any reproductions of same in any form, are the property of the Organiser. The Organiser, its affiliates, employees, representatives and agents are released from any and all claims, demands, costs and liability that may arise from the use of these recordings, photographs, videotapes or films, and/or any reproductions of same in any form, as described above, arising out of being interviewed, recorded, photographed, videotaped or filmed (including any copyright or other intellectual property rights arising therefrom).
7.1. Singapore International Water Week Pte Ltd (SIPL) and / or our appointed representatives will collect your personal data in accordance with the PDPA. The personal data which we collect from you may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed for various purposes, depending on the circumstances for which we may/will need to process your personal data, including:
- To arrange for your accommodation and logistics needs (if applicable).
- To facilitate your participation at SIWW
- Internal administrative purposes
We may also be disclosing the personal data you have provided to us to our third party service providers, agents and/or our affiliates or related corporations, and/or other third parties whether sited in Singapore or outside of Singapore, for one or more of the above-stated purposes.
(a) By registering with us, you also agree to receive marketing information, including but not limited to show updates and agree to the collection, disclosure, processing and use of your personal data by Singapore International Water Week Pte Ltd (SIPL) and / or our appointed representatives, our third party service providers, agents and/or our affiliates or related corporations for such marketing purposes.
(b) By joining our mailing list, you agree to receive essential show updates from SIWW Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) provides an exception to the consent requirement for photography involving collection, use and disclosure of personal data which is "publicly available". "Publicly available" includes: "in relation to personal data about an individual, means personal data that is generally available to the public, and includes personal data which can be observed by reasonably expected means at a location or an event —
(a) at which the individual appears; and
(b) that is open to the public;".
The PDPA Commission defines "open to the public" as locations where there are no or few restrictions to entry. The greater the restrictions to entry to such locations, the less likely it is "open to the public". Under the Personal Data Protection Act, images of identifiable individuals are considered personal data and requires consent when used in a commercial capacity. However, the abovementioned exception to requiring consent applies if this personal data is regarded as "publicly available". As set out by the PDPA Commission: "for example, when the individual appears at an event or location that is open to the public, taking a photograph of the individual would likely be collection of personal data that is publicly available for which consent is not required". This exception does not cover “private spaces within public spaces”. The act of photographing or publishing the photography must not cause harassment, alarm or distress to the individual(s) concerned under Protection from Harassment Act 2014.. Furthermore, the published photograph must not be defamatory.
8. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you:
- Have any enquires or feedback on our data protection policies and
- Need more information on or access to data which you have provided to us in the past.