Home > Landing Page > Nomination Guidelines
Lee Kuan Yew Water Prize 2024
1. The Lee Kuan Yew Water Prize honours outstanding contributions by individuals or organisations towards solving the world's water problems by developing or applying innovative technologies, policies or programmes which benefit humanity.
2. A valid nominee for the Lee Kuan Yew Water Prize should have made outstanding achievements in any water-related field. The work should have demonstrated the innovativeness of technologies, policies or programmes. The work should have proven impact or demonstrated great potential to be a game-changer in the future.
3. The submission of nominations for Lee Kuan Yew Water Prize 2024 follows a rigorous two-stage process. The first stage is for the nominator to submit a citation of the nominee. Self-nominations and nominations by family members of nominees will not be accepted. Self-nomination includes nomination made by an individual from the same organisation as the nominee. In the second stage, nominators of shortlisted nominees will be informed to submit a full nomination, including a detailed write-up of the cited technological innovation and/or the implemented water policy and programme, recommendation letters and additional supporting documents.
4. All nominations will be examined by the Lee Kuan Yew Water Prize Nominating Committee. The Committee will make their recommendations to the Lee Kuan Yew Water Prize Council, which will make the final selection of the Lee Kuan Yew Water Prize Laureate. Both panels consist of prominent thought leaders, distinguished academics and water experts from the public and private sectors. All received nominations will be evaluated on the following criteria:
a. Role of nominee
The nominator should describe the role of the nominee in the development and implementation of the specific technologies, policies or programmes that underpin the nomination. In particular, the leadership of the nominee as well as the nominee's instrumental contributions should be highlighted.
b. Innovativeness and merits of the technologies, policies or programmes
The innovativeness and benefits of the referenced technologies, policies and programmes should be described in detail. Nominators are encouraged to include comparisons with the state-of-the-art technologies or existing policies and programmes and depict how the nominee's work has been proven to be a game changer or shown great potential to do so.
c. Impact on humanity
The current level of readiness and scale of implementation of the referenced technologies, policies and programmes should be described. Nominators should quantify the impact of nominee's work in benefitting humanity or project any long-term benefits in cases where the level of readiness and scale of the implementation is currently low.
Call for Nominations
5. Nominations for Lee Kuan Yew Water Prize 2024 is now closed.
For enquiries or more information on the Lee Kuan Yew Water Prize, please contact: email@example.com